Friday, November 18, 2011

Dwelling Among Us.

"And I will return to Zion and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem"

What a powerful promise and line.  I stopped on this line again and again.  What if that said, and I will return to Georgia and dwell in the midst of Kennesaw.  Amazing.  Wonderful!  Beautiful!  Yes, please Lord!

That one line has gotten me right in the Christmas Spirit. Because that's what Christmas is about--God loving us so much that God CHOSE to come live with us.  To feel what we did.  To face temptation.  To laugh.  To love.  To get dirty.  To be like us.  Its that one line that reminds me of what its like to be Christian.  That we have a God who gave up heaven to come to this broken world for me.  For you.  For everyone.  It amazes me.

But then you get to Zechariah 9.  And its the story of Palm Sunday.  Jesus coming in on the foal! And in his lowliness overcoming the worst of enemies.  Can you imagine???  Then the lines Mary loved so much--that we are Jewels in his crown!  so lovely!

This was one of the most uplifting sections we have read!  It reminds me again how many people look so hard for God that they miss him.  It reminds me again that sometimes I forget that our God is a God WITH US!  I loved this week.  It was just the scripture I needed.

I don't want to miss the Messiah.  What about you?

Blessings--Pastor Emily

1 comment:

mary said...

God-Jesus- did return to Zion and did dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Although Jesus did ascend to heaven, the Holy Spirit is here with us still. God with us!
And where do we need to be? Right there in the midst of people who need God's love. People who are sick; people who have been hurt; people who are lonely; people who have nothing (or everything) and need to see that God is with them too.