Friday, December 2, 2011

New Testament Prophesy

There's so much here! 

So, I'm going to skip over the Angel coming to Mary--come to church Sunday and we'll cover all of that!  I get to interview Mary!  You should be there, its going to be really special!
Next, Mary goes to Elizabeth--It was probably a three day walk.  As she walks in--John's baby LEAPT in her womb.  Now, I am sure of this, but don't baby's do that regularly?  Isn't that normal?  Regardless, Elizabeth knew that something was different! 

John was born and went on to be a prophet--sending God's message to the people!  His dad also prophesized at his brist.  I loved the last few lines of that scripture,

"And you, child (JOHN), will be called the prophet of the Most High;
   for you will go before the Lord to prepare his ways,
77 to give knowledge of salvation to his people
   by the forgiveness of their sins.
78 By the tender mercy of our God,
   the dawn from on high will break upon
us,
79 to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death,
   to guide our feet into the way of peace."


I hope today Jesus will give you light and guide your feet into the way of peace.

This is the week of peace, I pray you find some today.

Love and PEACE and blessings!

Pastor Emily

1 comment:

Mary said...

From my experience, babies do move around, kicking, punching and I always thought I should figure out why. Of course it was always a guess- like they did or didn't like what you just ate. But I never felt like the baby leaped. Elizabeth must have been guessing too, but amazing that the story has been saved for us centuries later.
Peace, God loves us and will bring blessings out of rough times. Slow down and enjoy the blessings of this Christmas season. Like children singing on after their music stopped. Like 7 senior citizens bringing almost 200 little children gifts and watching the children's eyes sparkle as they come up to a man in a red suit and white beard to get their gift- a dollar store bag with crayons, playdough and a coloring book! I'm keeping my eyes open for more simple blessings from God this season.