Thursday, October 6, 2011

Scattered.....

Today's wrap up is a little more scattered--please forgive the scattered state of my brain tonight!

I really enjoyed this reading more than I'd anticipated!  You'll have to bear with me--I wasn't stoked about reading more Isaiah. I can't believe that I read that passage 4 times and still missed the reference in verse 1 to the Jordan!  Thanks Lindsay!

I can absolutely see how this points to Jesus--but I still can't imagine that I'd ever have connected the dots in the time and place!  Maybe that's part of the point.  One of my favorite verses is in John when Jesus reminds us that the Holy Spirit will come and reveal more to us!  Its amazing how God puts all the pieces together!

When was the last time God put the pieces in your life together?  When you thought the world was lost--but instead God showed you that there was a light at the end of the tunnel.  I think this passage can speak to people in those places.  The people who have been waiting for a sign, they have been walking in darkness, but there was hope!

So, next time things seem to be out of place--return to this passage.  And remind yourself that God can make good out of anything!  Exile, famine, sin!  Remind yourself, there is always light.  Remind yourself there is always good!  Remind yourself that there is always more to the story.

God, thank you that you are so many things.  Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Prince of Peace.  Thank you for making a way when we don't see one.  Thank you for the beauty in our lives.  Thank you for understanding our messes.  Thank you. Thank you.  Thank you.

Amen!

Blessings!
Pastor Emily

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

You're allowed to be scattered! I'm always in awe of how God works in the tiniest of details to bring something together. I continue to learn of details... people praying, planting seeds, inviting me to church... in my own story of salvation. I'm so thankful that God's hand was in all of those details even when I wasn't aware of Him!