Saturday, August 11, 2012

God Knows You

Psalm 139 is familiar, isn't it?  

"You have searched me, and known me"

"Where can I go from your spirit?"

"For it was you that formed my inward parts, you knit me together in my mother's womb"

The words seem so comforting.  We serve a God who knows us. Has known us.  Will always know us.  And loves us anyway.  Knows our deepest secrets and greatest sins.  Knows our greatest accomplishments and loves us anyway.  You were fearfully and wonderfully made!  How does knowing that make your life different?  Better?

That's why in Psalm 140 God can and will protect us.  Because he made us.  Special.  Favored.  Perfect.

Live into that today!

Blessings!
Pastor Emily 

2 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

These Psalms are inspiring, indeed! I will live into the promise today.
Blessings!

mom said...

139 When you need God, He is already with you! Before you say the words or think the thought, He knows it! He knows everything about us and cares for us. He created our physical, mental and emotional beings. God has plans and purposes for each of us.
140 Hear my cry for mercy- Mercy is one way we experience God's grace. God listens to our cry for help when we need Him.
God secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy. It's our job to help God there. To show His love for the poor and needy.