Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Holy Long Psalm, Batman!

Wow!  I've been waiting for 119, its a long one!


But to me its a beautiful picture of seeking after God and trying to do "right".  Trying to be our best. Living into God's decrees does create happiness and contentment--even in the worst of circumstances!


I loved verses 10-11

With my whole heart I seek you;
   do not let me stray from your commandments.
I treasure your word in my heart,
   so that I may not sin against you.

Thats what has so helped me these past two summers.  Finding ways to commit scripture to more than my brain, but to my heart!  

I also loved the end of 120.  Let us find ways to promote the peace of God in our contentious world!

Blessings!
Emily  

1 comment:

mom said...

We had a song yesterday in 118:24 and today in 119:18 "Open my eyes that I may see." Then again 119:74 "I put my hope in your (holy) word." and vs. 105 "Your word is a lamp to my fee and a light for my path."
120- Even when you live among people who hate peace, we can call on the Lord and He will answer us. We don't have to be in the Temple or in church to call for help from God!