Friday, June 15, 2012

God's Enemies

OH NO!!!  My post didn't post as scheduled!  Chalk it up to AC tiredness!  Apologies. Here is what should have been!  Blessings! Emily

Psalm 21 is great.  I was so richly blessed by the words of blessings and joy and encouragement.

And then I came to verse 8.

"Your hand will catch all your enemies.  Your right hand will catch all who hate you."

Huh?  God has enemies?  That took me by suprise.  And then I thought of Christ.  The words, "Love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you." resounded in my head.  Jesus really did have enemies.  God really does have people who hate him and do bad things to him and his people.  And yet, we were told to love our enemies.  To pray for those who are doing evil to us.

We live in a world that is rife with evil.  Hate engulfs us sometimes.  And yes, there are many days I find myself on my knees praying for those who have wronged me.  It sometimes is the most holy time of my day.  I am thankful so often that Christ set this example for me.  When I can love despite the hate.  When I can find peace and joy and God in the midst of struggle, I know that God triumphs over all.  I know that Love can find root even in the rockiest soil.  Praise God that I'm not the only one with enemies!

Lord--I love you.  May I see with your eyes of love and peace and forgiveness.  May those who have wronged me feel your love and peace so they might live new lives of joy and happiness in your spirit.  May I, ever your child grow in your favor and be bestowed with all your blessings! In your precious name I pray, Amen.

Blessings!
Emily

1 comment:

Mom said...

Glad you are back!
If Psalms 20 is asking God to help the king, than 21 celebrates how God has helped the king and the people. Praise God for His power and for His love that controls His power so we can trust and praise Him for all His blessings!
Psalms 22- the Psalm Jesus prayed on the cross. A psalm of David, David's words picturing what happened to Jesus on the cross. People suffer, but God listens to the cries for help. Vs. 27 says all the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord! Amen!