Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15, 2013


Romans 8:31-32
What, then, shall we say in response to this?  If God is for us, who can be against us?  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  

I'll admit it.  Trusting in God doesn't come naturally to me.  I get it honest, though, as I come from a family of worriers.  I'm amazed at how some people can stand firm as pillars and approach each day without worry or care.  They are confident in their faith. They know where their help comes from.  They're strong and unwavering.

Me, on the other hand, I'm concerned about how much money it's going to take to fix the leak in the foundation of our "as is" home we purchased just two years ago.  I'm too worried about tax season.  God is blessing us with another beautiful little girl due this June, but the only thing I can think about is formula and diapers.  They're expensive, you know!

It's funny how I worry about these petty things which seem so significant at the time, but trust God for the salvation of my soul.  Wait . . . I can trust God for my salvation, but  still worry about the price of diapers?  This doesn't make sense!

It's exactly what Paul is saying to the Romans:  He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?  Paul is declaring that we are more than conquerors through Christ Jesus.  We simply must fix our eyes on Him.  I'm reminded of a thought-provoking worship song by the same name which you can listen to here.

The prayer for my own life and yours is this:  that we fix our eyes upon Jesus, and spend less time worrying about the insignificant aspects that will always be prevalent. God always takes care of us.  We must simply trust in Him.

~Chris Owenby
Music Minister

Readings
Jeremiah 23:1-8
Psalms 102 or 107:1-32
Romans 8:28-39
John 6:52-59

No comments: