Monday, July 16, 2012

All My Fountains!



One of my favorite contemporary Christian artists is a worship leader named Chris Tomlin.  He is based out of Atlanta, and leads worship at Passion City Church downtown.  What I love most is that most of his songs come directly out of the Psalms.

Today's Psalm is the basis of one of our favorite new worship songs.  It doesn't seem new to us, because Crossroads debuted it shortly after it was introduced at Passion 2010.  But as far as worship music goes, its very new!  We were amazed in Mississippi that the group from Texas had never heard it!

Here is some praise music--inspired by Psalm 87:7.  All my fountains (springs!) are in God.  I am thankful today for the ability to praise!

Blessings!
Pastor Emily  

3 comments:

Martha Jane Orlando said...

Wow! It is hard to believe that the group from Texas had never heard this song. To me, it is one of the best Tomlin has ever produced. I never tire of singing it!
All my fountains are in you, O Lord!
Blessings!

mom said...

Fountains- Are they all the blessings that come from God? Life, Love, Salvation, Mercy, Grace, to infinity! And are they the good that can come from me when I walk with God? Love, forgiveness, patience, mercy, strength, kindness, joy, peace, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.
88 is a prayer of someone close to death. But despite all his problems he can start by saying God saves him. God hears even this kind of prayer!

Lynne Watts said...

Oh, i love when Tim sings this!!!