Friday, July 13, 2012

A thousand days...

Some of my favorite verses....


Psalm 84:10-11


For a day in your courts is better
   than a thousand elsewhere.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
   than live in the tents of wickedness.
For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
   he bestows favor and honor


What lovely words!!!  One day with God.  One day with love and peace and prosperity and joy is better than a thousand anywhere else!  I think sometimes of those who don't have a relationship with God.  I think about those who don't feel the love that God bestows on me.  I can't imagine! 


God is good!!!  I am so thankful for all of you!

Blessings!
Pastor Emily

1 comment:

mom said...

In Psalm 83 I like that the psalmist is remembering specific times God helped Israel as he asks God to help his people again. We need to remember God's faithfulness as we pray.
In Psalm 84 the author is yearning for the place he feels God is- the temple. How good it is that we know God is everywhere and is with us where ever we go. But I know, when there are times and reasons that I can't get to church for a length of time, I feel the same yearning.