Friday, August 26, 2011

God is love

Scripture--1 John 4-1 John 5

Observation:
I probably shouldn't have to say this to you by now, but my whole theology of God revolves around passages from 1 John 4.  Its said a couple times (v. 8 and 16 at least!), but "God is love".  That's how I see God.  That's how I see this world--as a way for God to show us how much we are loved and for us to be able to show God how much we love in return.  So, my observation is pretty much all of 1 John 4:7-5:5.

Application:
This always reminds me that its my job to love.  Not to judge--God can do that.  Not to punish--I'm not the world's mom.  Not to question--to love.  To love when they don't deserve it--for I rarely deserve it.  To love when the chips are down--because they seem down a lot lately.  To love when they frustrate me and I'm tired--because they deserve it.

Wouldn't the world be a better place if we all just loved a little more?

Prayer:
God of Love--Let me love like you do.  Break my heart for what breaks yours.  Remind me that love is more important than anything else.  Let me feel your love more than anything else.  In your precious name--Amen.

LOVE and Blessings!
Pastor Emily 


August 27--2 John-3 John, Jude
August 28--Revelation 1- Revelation 3
August 29--Revelation 4-Revelation 6
August 30--Revelation 7-Revelation 9
August 31--Revelation 10-Revelation 12
September 1--Revelation 13-Revelation 15
September 2--Revelation 16-Revelation 18
September 3--Revelation 19-Revelation 22

1 comment:

Mary said...

When we love one another, God's love is made perfect in us. We know that God loves, but when He can get us to love that is powerful love. Let me love others, even when it is difficult.