Monday, August 22, 2011

James Again!


Scripture--James 4-1 Peter 1

Observation:
These last two chapters of James talk a lot about how we should treat each other! About how to act when we have disagreements.  About how we treat others.  I love the middle of 5!  (5:13 and following!)  If any of you are suffering, they should pray.  If any of you are happy, they should dance! If any of you are sick, they should call the Elders of the church , and the elders should pray over them, anointing them with oil in the name of the Lord!"

Application:
When was the last time you danced when you were happy?  When was the last time you called someone to pray for you?  When was the last time you truly believed that prayer would change your sufferings to joy!

I wish we had a faith community as strong as the one James suggests.  I wish we had a world of communities like this.  Its always my prayer that we can become like this.  Do you think we ever could?

Prayer:  God, thank you for the people in my life who support me.  Thank you for the people in my life who love me.  Thank you for sending me people to love and to support.  Thank you!!!  Amen

August 23--1 Peter 2-1 Peter 5
August 24--2 Peter 1-2 Peter 3
August 25--1 John 1-1 John 3
August 26--1 John 4-1 John 5
August 27--2 John-3 John, Jude
August 28--Revelation 1- Revelation 3
August 29--Revelation 4-Revelation 6
August 30--Revelation 7-Revelation 9
August 31--Revelation 10-Revelation 12
September 1--Revelation 13-Revelation 15
September 2--Revelation 16-Revelation 18
September 3--Revelation 19-Revelation 22

2 comments:

Mom&Dad said...

This is definitely a "hit home" day for me. I don't ask for prayer as often as I should... Times are tough and I can only do so much. But there are also happy dancing times that need to be celebrated. As I reflect on where I am at this time, I need to follow these guidelines every day. Thank God for being my constant in everything.

Mary said...

I think God answered some prayers for me today. On Friday, my boss and I had a disagreement about my priorities in the many things that need to get done and she fussed at me. I know several people in my family were praying for me on this one, and this morning before I left my car, I prayed that I could understand what it was I needed to do today. And at the end of the day my boss was talking calmly to me and I felt like I had accomplished things following her suggestions. I need to dance!