Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thank You!

Scripture: Philemon-Hebrews 1
Philemon was a leader in the Collossian Church.  This is a book, one of the shortest in the Bible, dealing with forgiveness!  See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_to_Philemon for more information.




Observation:  I love verses 6-7.  "I pray that your partnership in the faith might become effective by an understanding of all that is good among us in Christ.  I have great joy and encouragement because of your love, since the hearts of God's people are refreshed by your actions, my brother"




Application:  Whose actions refresh your heart?  Who do you have a partnership with that helps you understand all that is good among us in Christ?  Those people are important!   Support in the faith is important.  Find those people and thank them today.  Let them know how important they are!  What a witness you could have in just telling people thank you!

Prayer:
God of Glory!  Thank you for your infinite blessings!  Thank you for the Christians in our lives who support us along the journey.  Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  Amen.


Blessings!
Pastor Emily

3 comments:

Miki said...

Hebrews 1:3 says, "The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word." I love this image of Jesus radiating God's glory. It reminds me that this is God's desire for me. As I allow Him to move deeper and deeper in to me, cleaning and healing and creating me to be more like Him, I don't have to keep killing myself to look like the person everyone around me tells me I should be. I simply need to obey when He leads (i.e.that includes distinguishing when I'm simply hearing another person's opinion, or whether it is God's voice leading me through that person!), and trust that His glory will radiate through me.

Mary said...

We don't thank people enough, who help us and refresh our hearts. Thank you Emily, I'm going to work on that.
I also liked Hebrews 1:3 and that we can know God and His Glory by looking to Jesus.
I am also comforted by Hebrews 2:18, knowing that Jesus can help us when we are tempted, because he himself was tempted.

Carol Flores said...

Thank you Emily. Thank you Mary. Thank you Miki. Thank you Lindsay. Thank you Lynne. You have all refreshed me thie summer with your words and your perspectives.