Saturday, August 27, 2011


Scripture--2 John-3 John, Jude

Three books in one day!  Wow, we've come a long way!  And besides, do you see that we only have ONE BOOK LEFT AFTER TODAY!  WOW!

Observation:
Two things grabbed me today:
1) Jude 20-23-"But you, dear friends: build each other up on the foundation of your most holy faith, pray in the Holy Spirit, keep each other in the love of God, wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will give you eternal life,  Have mercy on those who doubt. Save some by snatching them from the fire.  Fearing God, have mercy on some, hating even the clothing contaminated by their sinful urges."

2) 2 John 12 "I have a lot to tell you.  I don't want to use paper and ink, but I hope to visit you and talk with you face-to-face, so that our joy can be complete!"

Application:
I wish we were more merciful on those who doubt.  I wish we did more to build each other up on the foundations of holy faith.  I feel like as "Christians" worldwide we do more to push away people with doubts and step on each other than we do building each other up. It just makes me sad!

But, what really hit me in the 2 John passage was that I'm excited to tell you all things FACE-TO-FACE!  Don't forget--4 pm on Sunday, September 11th--Ice Cream!  The place is still TBD, since I've not gotten us a room!  But don't forget!  Lets meet and talk about how this went!

Prayer:  God, thank you for my friends.  Those who have journeyed this summer with me.  As the temperatures are starting to get slightly cooler, remind us that we still have many miles to journey.  Remind us to build each other up and show each other mercy.  Remind us to love like you.  In your name we pray! Amen.

Blessings!
Pastor Emily 

August 28--Revelation 1- Revelation 3
August 29--Revelation 4-Revelation 6
August 30--Revelation 7-Revelation 9
August 31--Revelation 10-Revelation 12
September 1--Revelation 13-Revelation 15
September 2--Revelation 16-Revelation 18
September 3--Revelation 19-Revelation 22

1 comment:

Mary said...

We have people in churches today like the words in Jude: Shepherds who feed only themselves, grumblers, fault finders, those who follow evil desires. But 3 John reminds us "Do not imitate evil but what is good." So I want to focus on 2 John "Walk in obedience to his commands; Walk in love." So love is not just a feeling in our hearts but something we do, an action toward each other that we do as often as we take a step.