Tuesday, August 9, 2011

So Proud!


Scripture--Colossians 3-1 Thessalonians 1

Scholars are also convinced this letter is "authentic".  It was written to the Gentile Christians in Thessolonica.  It also looks like it might be  the first letter her wrote!  Looks like after her began this community, he had to run away under cover of darkness because they incited a mob against him!  Lets see what else he has to say to us!  See more information on Thessalonians at http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/14629d.htm  

Observation:  
Paul was sure proud of the Christians at Thessalonica!  Did you  hear it in 1:8?  "The message about eh Lord rang out from you, not only in Macedonia and Achaia but in every place.  The news about your faithfulness to God has spread so that we don't even need to mention it!

Application:  
Can I brag on my church family for a minute?  What an amazing place to serve.  From worship music that leaves me encouraged, uplifted and changed.  To extravagantly generous people (have you seen the school supply box?) to people coming in to tell me they've ALREADY baked cookies?  To people who send me emails engaging me further in the scripture I preached on.  To THIRTY people coming to the first Revive Service?  What an amazing place.  I brag on you all everywhere I go!  I pray we will always be a family who is faithful to God, each other, and the world!  I pray that this movement of God will continue, as a ripple from us to our community.  I am so proud to be your pastor and be part of this family.  God is so good!

Prayer:  
God of Change--I am so thankful for where you have placed me.  I am so thankful for the people who serve you alongside me!  I am so thankful for all the blessings they are! Please remember them, keep them motivated, keep them full, keep their eyes on you!  In your precious name!  Amen.

Blessings!
Pastor Emily 


August 10--1 Thessalonians 2-1 Thessalonians 5
August 11--2 Thessalonians 1-2 Thessalonians 3
August 12--1 Timothy 1-1 Timothy 3
August 13--1 Timothy 4-1 Timothy 6

2 comments:

Mary said...

How good to say of a church that their faith in God has become known everywhere!

The other verse I like is Colossians 3:23: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not men. In fact I carry that verse in my lunch box and it has seen me through many hard days on the job.

Carol Flores said...

My favorite verses from this reading were Colossians 3:14 and 15 which talk about putting on LOVE which is the bond of perfection, and letting the peace of God rule in our hearts.

After reading your comments Emily, let me say that the leadership at KUMC brings out the best in us!! You have the gift of telling us, just like Paul was telling all these churches, what we should be doing and that we can be joyful extravagant givers and radically hospitable, all to the glory of God!! THANK YOU!!